Sunday 24 April 2016

Hippy Chic

Do you use Pinterest? Its an amazing tool for us creative (forgetful) sorts in particular - not just as a place to keep things we spot but its full of inspiration, admiration & revelations galore!
Its so addictive Ive had to restrict the amount of time I allow myself on it, otherwise I could be there all day! It was when I checked in to Pinterest this week that I noticed that the whole of my feed had a definite boho vibe going on! As Pinterest shows you stuff based on boards that you follow or things you've already pinned - its quite evident that the anticipation of summer holidays and imminent festival season is definitely on my mind at the moment!

These interior shots were just 3 of many I could have chosen but I think they each embrace that laid back, eclectic style really well. 

While the beauty of this look is that almost anything goes, if you dissect the images you can see they each have similarities and a few notable key points. The room composition is naturally informal; theres plenty of interest created through differing heights - hanging chairs & planters for example and general layering is key. Leathers and fibres are natural colours; fabrics are either natural (sheepskin) or have a handmade quality - think embroidery/macramé etc; an obligatory pouffe of course and plenty of lush air cleaning greenery.


Todays board contains a selection of pieces that will work independently within your existing interior or all together as a whole Hippy Chic look......

Sources & Links (clockwise from bottom left)
Moroccan Tan Leather Pouffe from Cuckooland
Hurricane Diamond Vase from White Mint
Celia Small Woodblock from Monsoon
Hanging Swing Chair from Rockett St George
Floral Print from Howkapow
End Grain Coffee Table from West Elm
Sheepskin Throw from The Organic Sheep
Fiesta Embroidered Cushion from Bombay Duck

If you have any queries, sugestions or just fancy communicating, as always, please feel free to leave any comments below, or drop me a line directly in the box to the right & I promise to get back to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment